Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thursday November 4
Mississauga Transit
10:30 AM

Miriam: (Sitting on bus sees someone come on the bus in the corner of her eye and talking to the bus driver. Proceeds in trying to put her headphones into her ears)
Dude: Walks by and says hey? Sits down beside.
Miriam: Ignore. Maybe he was talking to someone else? Whatever why isn't this headphone in my ear..I must put it in before people start coming on the bus and tal...
Dude: Excuse me?
Miriam: Yeah?
Dude: Is it alright if we talk?
Miriam:....
Miriam: Uh yeah ok? (Thinking ok maybe he is thinking of committing suicide and needs someone to talk to and maybe I can change his life so he doesn't jump off the Cawthra/Dundas bridge. You know like those tv shows Touched by an Angel and stuff it happens!)
Dude: Yo so I had this crazy month and like I need change you know? I need money. I need things! I need need need things.
Miriam: (Miriam should have gotten off the bus at this point. Fail.)
Dude: I need a girlfriend. I need someone to listen to you know. I don't think I am gay, like when I see a guy I don't want to talk to them and stuff like I like girls. Nah I can't be gay.
Dude: I need money you know. I am poor I had to ask the bus driver if I could get a ride because I have no money.
Miriam: So you play guitar..
Dude: Oh yeah yeah I am going to a music interview. You know I want respect, I want power I want money.
Miriam: Yeah we'll you have to work for it.
Dude: Yeah but it's so hard I want it now I can't wait for it! So ok enough about me. What do you do?
Miriam: I go to school for graphic design, it's a good program. (Should I get off the bus now? No I will be late to meet with Mary)
Dude: I got a haircut. I used to have long hair but then I cut it see? I like straight hair, I like your hair.
Miriam: My hair is curly, it's just straightned.
Dude: So I came back home to find my whole house robbed. My brother is in jail for stealing, he'll be there for 6 months or something.
Miriam: How old are you?
Dude: 19. How old are you?
Miriam: 23 (haha what?)
Dude: Sometimes when I rob a house I don't want to do it you know. I get scared, like I'm in the backyard and I am holding this rock in my hand and am to scared to throw it. But then I do and I get stuff. I want things.
Miriam: Do you have a job?
Dude: No. Do you?
Miriam: Yeah..uuuh West 49?
Dude: What's that?
Miriam: Uuhh skateboard store.
Dude: Oh yeah yeah! I would get a skateboard but it get expensive you know? To buy the wax to buy the wheels and stuff.
Dude: I just want so many things. I want straight teeth. You have braces yeah?
Miriam: Yeah..
Dude: Yeah I had braces but I took them out.
Miriam: What do you mean you took them out? (Why am I still talking to you?!)
Dude: I ripped the wires out because they started to come apart. (LOL WHHHAT!)
Miriam: ...
Dude: I have this friend Cory, maybe you know him, he's like really agressive and everything but he's a good friend. I came to his house yesterday and I was drinking. (Checks guitar pocket) Oh cool I still have a bottle. But I keep smoking and drinking so I don't have to think. I talk to him though. I can't talk to my mom though.
Miriam: Are you in school?
Dude: No I can't do school. I've been to school..I lost my train of thought sorry.
Miriam: School.
Dude: Oh yeah school. I went to school in Jamacia, in New York, in the States and in Canada. I hate moving so much. I keep going from place to place. I don't want to do that. I need a girlfriend why is that so hard to find? Do you have a boyfriend?
Miriam: Yes (I'm getting pretty good at this lying thing)
Dude: See everyone has somebody. I need someone to live with that I can tlak to that can cook. She can cheat but then she won't listen to my feelings and leave me.
Miriam: You have to surrond yourself with postive things and people and stop thinking so much.
Dude: I hate when people around me text I hate it.
Miriam: Yeah sometimes I get on the bus and that annoys me when people around are talking on their phones.
Dude: Did you hear of schizophernia?
Miriam: Yeah? Just be postive. Some days you hate people and other days you appreciate them. You should listen to the song by Jaeson Ma and Bruno Mars called Love it is happy.
Dude: I broke my mp3 player last week. It was my favourite and I have to get a new one but I need money to save up for it. I need the perfect mp3.
Miriam: Ok well go listen to music at Chapters (by this point I got hooked into this surreal conversation and just kept it up)
Dude: Chapters has music? I like Katy Perry. Do you like her?
Miriam: Yeah she's really talented and hr husband is hilarous.
Dude: Yeah she's beautiful such a good person. How do you know her husband?
Miriam: He's a comedian he's funny. Yeah she should be your motivation then. So how long have you been playing guitar?
Dude: I have never played.
Miriam: ...(I don't know how to proceed in this conversation this is the most difficult talk I have ever had)
Dude: I wanted to be a cop or a lawyer. I like being in command and having respect.
Miriam: Well ok this is my stop!
Dude: Oh mine too.
Miriam: (Oh super)
SUBWAY STATION
Dude: I have to wait here because I have to ask the ticket booth guy if I can get in to go for my music interview because I have no money.
Miriam: Oh ok, sorry I just have a metropass but goodluck on your audition.

Weirdest morning of my life, this messed with my head for the rest of the day. Not in order but it was this random. I don't know in the end what happened or if I will ever see him again but I guess some people just need someone to talk to, anybody. But it was so surreal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Don't talk to Strangers
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com