Monday, March 21, 2011



Last week I was closing and was on cash. It was around 10 minutes after close and I was the only one on cash serving a few customers still. This one lady, no idea what was going on but I wish I could reenact her voice for you. At first I thought she was just mumbling to herself but then that's all she did. And I cashed in her leg warmers (which A. Are out of style by now. B. They were striped, even more out of style C. Why do you need leg warmers in spring?) and this little make-up purse. I said the price was around $12 or something. And she asked if the items were on sale? They were brand new and I said no, even A said no. She was convinced they were on sale..No lady..they are not. The store is closed, there is a line up, I have been here all day, I want to go home. She's like ok then leave the bag because I won't have enough. And I put it away and she takes out a $10 bill. I cash her out and say that the exit doors are on the right.

She sort of moves to the side and starts looking through the bin at the front. Asking how much the lip gloss is while I try to cash out the other lady. I say the price is in the back. She can't find it..$3.95 I say. Then she looks at the bad smelling, cheap lime green body spray and asks how much it is. I say the price is also in the back, $4.95. And she then uses the tester like crazy. She lifts her shirt and starts spraying underneath everywhere. Then she lifts her coat and sprays her arm pits. I was convinced for a second that she was going to shop lift right in front of me. And she kept mumbling things. It felt very Harry Potter. When everyone thought Snape was cursing Harry under his breath at the Quidditch Match. She finally left. And the next customer had a shirt that was clearly not on sale marked as $5. It was even tagged in the wrong spot.. Get out of my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Don't talk to Strangers
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com