Thursday, June 6, 2013



Rome
June 2013

I was meeting someone at the train station after a morning of Flea market browsing. However, we had planned to meet at one station, it was a train station though. But we said Metro. I did not have a phone with me and somehow before leaving I knew this was not a good plan. So basically we were both going from one station to the other looking for each other. And the pay phones in Italy do not seem to work for me at all. I tried them like 10 times..

So I began asking some people for help, maybe I had mistaken where to meet? I asked some ladies sitting on a bench. Only Italian, but turns out they spoke some Eastern European language and so I spoke Polish and they tried to explain the train vs. metro. Then pointed the direction to the metro I had been at, but I understood it as something else. So then a man who was listening said he'd take me over there and show me. I found that a lot actually, people were very welcoming and took time to help, no matter then language barrier. I found a good group of people. Most people are in such a rush but they take their time and try to help in anyway. Thanks Italy.

Anyways, this was a mistake to go with this man, basically he took my hand and dragged me like a doll or puppy to the Metro kissing my hand. I forgot to wash my hands after that. And we walked by the gypsies selling things, and the clothing stalls and made it. It felt like the longest walk ever. But I told him this was not what I was looking for and said thanks, ciao.

Then asked another pair sitting on a bench but we couldn't understand each other when another man came and brought me back to where I started. I asked him if he knew how to use the phone, but then offered his phone! But my friend did not pick up. After I left him and went upstairs to the main entrance and said thank you very much for all his help. After I saw those two ladies again and they hoped everything was going to turn out fine. And then the man came back! Don't worry not the hand holding one. The other one with the phone, saying he got a call back. And then it all worked out after that. 30 minutes..actually 45 minutes later. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Don't talk to Strangers
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com